The Professional Center of Play Therapy and Dramatherapy was established as an Association in 1992. Ten years later it became an Ltd company and was renamed “Hellenic Institute of Play Therapy and Dramatherapy, Athyrma” in 2003.
The activities of the Institute include:
- Individual, personal and group Psychotherapy using the non-directive client centered Play Therapy – Dramatherapy and the Systemic – Family approach.
- Qualified Professional Training Courses in Play Therapy and Drama therapy (accredited by the Hellenic National Association for Psychotherapists as well as the European Association for Psychotherapists)
- Training Seminars for professionals on the Developmental and Educational Play.
- Individual and group supervision for professionals.
- Theatrical workshops for children, adolescents and adults
- Open lectures on subjects related to mental health
The professional Committee of the Institute:
Vagiakakos Petros, B.A., M.Sc., E.C.P.
Β.Α. Humanitarian Studies, M.Sc. Educator of Psychology, Diploma of Play Therapy and Superision, associate European Certificate of Psychotherapy (E.C.P.).
One of the protagonist of play therapy in Greece with Ann Cattanach and Sue Jennings.
Co-founder of the institute of play therapy and drama therapy and head of the psycho-educating department.
Works professionally as a psychotherapist with children and adults and specializes in play therapy and as supervisor in mental health professionals and trainees.
Founding member of nation wide Professionals Union of Drama Therapists & Play Therapists (P.Ε.Ε.D.P.).
Member of the management board of the National Organization Psychotherapy of Greece (N.O.P.G.).
Member of the Association for Play Therapy U.S.A. (A.P.T.)
Member of the European Association for Psychotherapy (E.A.P.)
Zerva-Spanou Vicky, BSc, M.A., E.C.P
Psychotherapist – Sociologist, Master of Arts in Play therapy University in Surrey, England. Founding member, board member and rapporteur postgraduate seminars in Greek Institute of Play Therapy and Drama therapy «The Athirma». Coordinator to treatment groups Drama and Play Therapy. Supervisor of Drama therapists – Play therapists. External collaborator at the Democritus University of Thrace in the integration program minorities in education. Full Member of the Professional Association of British Play therapists (V.A.R.T.) and the National Association of Professional Drama therapists – Play therapists and certified member of the European Union Psychotherapists (E. A. R.).